Call to Artists
Winter/Spring 2018 exhibition series at Slightly Coffee
ECA is now accepting artist submissions for our 2018 exhibition schedule. Once again we are teaming up with Slightly Coffee (formerly Barn Light East) to host a series of individual or group shows in their E 8th event space location in Eugene, Oregon. Shows will last for one month and have openings on the last Saturday of the month.
Due to the size of the space, flat work (drawing, prints, painting, mixed media on canvas or paper) is ideal. However, small sculpture or installation pieces that can be hung on the walls, don’t touch the floor, or block exits may be considered. Since the shows will take place in a cafe events space, they cannot accommodate involved or complicated installations or manage digital media. Work must be easy to bring in and out and be able to be hung on the wall. There are some power outlets available
This is a juried call, and submission does not guarantee acceptance for a show.
– You must be 18 and over
– You must be able to deliver and pick up artwork yourself, as well as assist with the install of the exhibition.
– Sales are optional. We encourage a 15-30% donation of sales to ECA, which will go towards supporting future events and exhibitions.
– Brief email introducing yourself, including a statement on the scope of your work.
– 7-10 images shared via zipped file, Dropbox, Google Drive (or other cloud share service).
– Link to your online portfolio
– All work needs to be able to be hung via clips, push-pins or nail and wire.
– Email submissions to courtney at eugenecontemporaryart (dot) com
– All submissions must be received no later than Dec. 1, 2017.
Download a pdf of the space floorplan shown below